Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Muhammad Ali: "Say Goodbye to Cassius Clay"




Remembering MUHAMMAD ALI on the
Anniversary of his Passing 6/3/2016




SAY GOODBYE TO CASSIUS CLAY

Say Goodbye to Cassius Clay - that ain't my name no more
Say hello to Muhammad Ali - put that on my door

My roots go back to Africa - noble kings and queens
A slave name ain't no part of me - I got some different genes

That slave mentality is gone -' don't live on no plantation
Change the game, change my name - don't need no explanation

I'm the greatest, you better believe it - ain't never been no doubt
Ask Cosell, I'm bad as hell - that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Tall and Tan....Quick and Pretty
I'll change a lion to a kitty
Float like a butterfly...sting like a bee ..'cause
I'm the greatest......Muhammad Ali

Rope-a-dope is what I do - when it's necessary
Acting, I'm just foolin' you - 'cause what comes next is scary

From Philippines to Africa - New York to L.A.
Can't no one beat this Black man - you hear me ...what I say!

Say Goodbye to Cassius Clay - that ain't my name no more
You best wake up, it's time to change - that's what I'm lookin' for

Say Goodbye to Cassius Clay - it's now Muhammad Ali
The world will know who is the greatest - and that man is ME!

(c) Phil Morrison

No comments: